CPC formed a Dedicated Carrier to service one of our long time customers that has a plant operation based in Alabama. This fleet of 15 trucks and 36 flatbed trailers will service one primary customer with growth expected in additional customer opportunities. The fleet began operations in November of 2013 and is the second fleet owned and operated by a CPC Family Company. The first was TMH Logistics Ltd. in Canada in 2012, where 33 trucks service a variety of customers in Canada and the US.
HERNDON, VA – Twenty-six private fleet truck drivers who have demonstrated high performance standards against their peer drivers throughout the country based on customer service, safety, adherence to company standards, regulatory compliance, and community service have been honored by the National Private Truck Council (NPTC) as National Driver All-Stars. The award, co-sponsored by International Truck/Navistar, Inc., was presented at a ceremony that took place in conjunction with NPTC’s National Safety Conference, September 12-13, 2013.
“These drivers embody all the characteristics, skills and attitudes that are the heart of what enables the private fleet to continue to deliver exceptional levels of customer service,” according to NPTC President and CEO Gary Petty. “They are ambassadors, not only for their company, but for the entire private fleet community. We are honored to recognize these private fleet drivers for meeting high performance standards in the fields of customer service, safety and compliance.”
NPTC initiated the National Driver All-Stars program in 2009 to recognize those drivers of NPTC fleet member companies based on how they perform against their own internal customer service metrics. Specific measures of the recognition include:
- Customer service (uniform/appearance; on-time deliveries; attitude/conduct; customer feedback; loading/unloading; cooperation)
- Safety (number of DOT reportable accidents; number of OSHA reportable injuries; number of traffic violations verified by current MVR)
- Compliance with company standards (attendance, attendance at safety meetings, training, paperwork, etc.)
- Regulatory compliance (hours of service, DVIR, MVR, etc.)
- Community service This year’s National Driver All-Stars are:
- Michael Anduza, Baxter Healthcare Corporation
- Gerald Barth, John Deere, Assigned by CPC Logistics, Inc.
- Gregory Basnight, Walgreen Oshkosh, Inc., Assigned by CPC Logistics, Inc.
- William J. Catlett, National Gypsum Company, Assigned by CPC Logistics, Inc.
- Michael Daniels, Castellini Company
- Arthur Erdman, Northwest Food Products Transportation, LLC (Land O’Lakes, Inc.), Assigned by CPC Logistics, Inc.
- Terry Foy, Moen, Incorporated, Assigned by CPC Logistics, Inc.
- Neil Gillies, Kellogg Company
- Matthew Grammatico, Mondelez International LLC
- Kenneth Grygla, Wal-Mart Transportation LLC
- Barry Harmon, Avery Dennison, Assigned by CPC Logistics, Inc.
- Greg Hladky, Frito-Lay, Inc.
- Earl Lane, North American Pipe Corp., Assigned by CPC Logistics, Inc.
- Gary Merida, Toyota Quality Parts Express, Assigned by CPC Logistics, Inc.
- Stephen Nolt, WFM Transport, Inc.
- Robert (Tony) Purcell, Contract Transportation System/The Sherwin-Williams Company
- Richard Ringler, CVS/Caremark
- Timothy Ryan, True Value Company, Assigned by CPC Logistics, Inc.
- Michael Schenone, MedTrans LLC
- Darrell Schmit, Orscheln Farm & Home, LLC
- Robert (Wayne) Thornton, Bridgestone Americas Tire Operations, LLC, Assigned by CPC Logistics, Inc.
- Robert Timmons, Perdue Farms, Inc.
- Johnny R. Trammell, Benjamin Moore & Company, Assigned by CPC Logistics, Inc.
- Barry Tripp, Hospira, Inc., Assigned by CPC Logistics, Inc.
- Robert Wohleber, Maines Paper & Food Service
- Donald (Todd) Young, Marathon Petroleum Company, LLC
In June of 2013, two Canadian drivers that are part of the CPC family of companies, were inducted into the Private Motor Truck Council Driver Hall of Fame.
This Hall of Fame, which is sponsored by Huron Service Group (our Canadian company), honors Canadian drivers who have reached the pinnacle of driving excellence. There have only been 49 drivers inducted into the Hall since it’s inception.
We are proud to have Rick Packham and Jimmy Peters join the other Huron drivers who are members of this exclusive club.
Rick delivers quality service to John Deere Canada ULC and operates out of the Grimsby, Ontario Distribution Center. Jimmy delivers a bulk load to Utah each week out of his home base with TMH Logistics Ltd/Tona Transport in Scarborough, Ontario.
Congratulations to these two deserving honorees who join the “Best of the Best” in Canadian transportation.
Four truck drivers who have together logged more than 18 million miles of safe driving in nearly 170 years of service were honored by the National Private Truck Council (NPTC) and inducted into the NPTC/Bridgestone Bandag Tire Solutions Driver Hall of Fame during the Annual Education Management Conference and Exhibition held April 28-30, 2013 in Cincinnati, OH.
The drivers are from NPTC member companies and have met the minimum qualifications of 20 years, two million miles or 50,000 hours of driving without a preventable accident. Many of the drivers have far exceeded these qualifications and are known for having made significant contributions to their industry and their communities. Since its inception, 100 drivers have been installed in the Driver Hall of Fame.
Our own associate, Ken Wasiewicz, from Glenwood, New Jersey, was one of the four drivers inducted into the Hall of Fame in 2013.
After earning his driver’s license at the age of 17, Ken learned how to drive a tractor-trailer while still attending school and working at the loading docks in his hometown. His driving career spans 41 years and 4 million miles; he has hauled general freight, cars, construction equipment, concrete, and paint. Since joining Benjamin Moore as assigned by CPC Logistics in 1994, he has traveled more than two million miles—many of which were in the New York metropolitan area—with no preventable accidents. Using the knowledge he learns as a member of his company’s Accident Review Board, Ken also works as a driver trainer where he instructs new employees in both defensive driving strategies and onboard technology operations. A 2012 NPTC National Driver All-Star, he was also recognized as the 2012 New Jersey Motor Truck Association Driver of the Year. Ken has been involved in several fundraising and volunteer events for veterans, the Special Olympics, and most recently Hurricane Sandy relief.
We are all proud of Ken’s accomplishments and are excited to have him join the other CPC drivers who have been inducted into the prestigious Hall of Fame.
David Mueller’s Kaizen team, aptly named the “Cincinnati Hoodlums”, won the Toyota North American Parts Operation Challenge for their efforts in reducing Sheet Metal Damage. The Kaizen Challenge promotes the continual improvement process in transportation. Congratulations to David and his entire team in receiving this pinnacle award!
Everyone please help me welcome new Texas Operations Manager Garry Brandenburg to the CPC family. Garry comes to us with fifteen years experience in transportation management, and will be based in our Hurst Texas office serving customers in the Texas and Louisiana area.
-Jim Ponder, Division Manager
It is my pleasure to announce Kevin Crofton as the new Operations Manager in the Henderson, NV office. He will be taking over all of the accounts for which Donna Reedy was previously responsible.
Kevin brings over 20 years of transportation management experience to our Team and we look forward to working with him. His skills, knowledge and talents will certainly be an asset to, CPC Logistics and each of our clients.
-Raymond Miles, Division Manager
The National Private Truck Council (www.nptc.org) recently received 36 applications from NPTC member companies for Driver Hall of Fame honors. Four inductees were chosen for 2013 and one of them is our own Ken Wasiewicz a long time associate assigned to Benjamin Moore in Clifton, New Jersey. Ken will be recognized at the Driver Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony and Luncheon at the NPTC Annual Conference on Monday, April 29, 2013, in Cincinnati, Ohio.
The NPTC 2013 Education Management Conference & Exhibition (www.nptc,org) is scheduled for April 28-30, 2013 in Cincinnati, Ohio. CPC is a Five-Star member of the NPTC. The NPTC 2013 Exhibition will feature an extensive showcase of fleet products and services from leading industry suppliers with the latest in product development and state-of-the-art technology for today’s demanding truck fleet operations and CPC will have an exhibit booth as part of the conference.
This is a picture of Ken, a driver for Benjamin Moore who is eligible for the hall of fame 2013.